1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Roland DS 90 digital monitors

Discussion in 'Monitoring / Headphones' started by Kemble, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Kemble

Kemble Guest

Anyone got an opinion on these monitors? Local GuitarCenter just got a trade in set and can get em for $500 (pair). Have digital, analog, and optical inputs.
    So...anyone got some input?

Thanks much.

2. Divo

Divo Member

I think you could do better. Try out a set of KrK's and some Emes. I think you will find them a lot better.

3. Divo, is there any substance to back your statement?! I own the Ds-90's and am very happy with them. They are great monitors. I compared them to a few other active pairs of monitors and these where the ones that did it for me. Just my two cents,

Carlos

4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jeff,
    Tannoy, Dynaudio, Blue Sky, JBL, Earthworks, Westlake, NS 10's , Genelec, Hafler, KRK, and PMC
    Those are good. …………………….. Pick one.

5. Kemble

Kemble Guest

Are you guys kidding me?

Look at those dates!!
    Asked on Mar 27, 2002.
    Answered on Mar 28, 2003.
    13 months late, fellas!

Not that I don't appreciate the input.

And...I don't like the DS90s, but I think its the room we have them in more than anything else. I think we'll take them out on the deck and mix. Probably a better environment at the moment!

JZ

6. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jeff,
    Yeah, I saw the dates.. HeeHeeHee.. it just looked like a great opportunity to break out the "infamous sig line"... :D . We gotta figure out a way to get you a set of NS 10's and some nice big monitors to switch between.

7. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

NS10´s again? OH My GOD!!!!!
    lol

( soon will appear the HR824´s ghosts)

8. themidiroom

themidiroom Active Member

I have a friend with a pair of DS90s. I wasn't all that impressed with them. I love my Behringer monitors and my NS10s of course. I wouldn't mind looking into a pair of KRK V88 monitors when I get my bigger room.