1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Roland Juno106 Factory Presets

Discussion in 'Recording' started by pandamonkey, Feb 20, 2003.

1. pandamonkey

pandamonkey Active Member

I download some files (from a Roland site)that are supposed to allow me to get the factory presets back by playing them into the Keyboard. As I understand it, they are audible files that need to be played into the keyboard via a 1/4" cable. Is this correct, and can anyone give me some helpful information on how I might be able to accomplish this?
    Regards,
    pAndAmOnkEY
    P.S. I have the orig. manual still and have read it but would just like some tips etc..

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

hmm, I used to have two of those, loved them and wish I had them back. For some reason I remember restoring the original presets by holding a button down while turning it on. Anyone else remember that?

3. chrissugar

chrissugar Guest

You load the files into a wave editor or a media player, conect the output of the soundcard to the the input jack from the Juno [ at the back of the Juno is tape-load]and play the file. Thats all.
    Before you do this, play the file and listen through a phone if you hear the sound at the output to be sure it works.
    Good luck.

chrissugar
    P.S. I have three Juno 106s and I would never sell them. Absolutely great machines.

4. chrissugar

chrissugar Guest

Here is the complete procedure:
    -load file in wave editor or media player
    -play the file and listen to the output of the sound card if you can hear the noise
    [something similar to the noise of program loading in the old ZX Spectrum computers]

-conect the soundcard output to the Juno106 [TAPE LOAD jack]
    -set the memory protect switch to OFF
    -select the BANKGROUP where to load the sounds [A or B]
    -press the load button on the juno
    -play the audio file from the begining to end
    -if loading is complete set memory protect to ON

If you have errors then modify the output level of the player and repeat the procedure.

chrissugar