1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Roland VS1880 to wav files

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Loconzly, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Loconzly

Loconzly Guest

Greetings,

I have an old project packed to disc from a VS1880 that I sold a couple of years ago. Now I am wanting to unpack this project and finish it using a newer studio. However, even if I borrow a VS1880 from a friend, I noticed it doesn't export to WAV.

Anyone have any advice how I can reclaim my packed files and get them to a system where I can work them again?

The new system will be running Pro Tools Le.

Thanks!

Eric

2. Randyman...

Randyman... Well-Known Member

You could borrow a VS-2480, and import these 1880 back-up CD-R's into the 2480 (convert to a "2480 Project" on import), and then the 2480 can export the individual Wave files on CD-R (a slow process :( ).

A PITA, but that, or borrowing a 1880, and re-recording the tracks to your PC via SPDIF or analog in realtime w/ multiple passes (locked via MIDI) is you only other choice... One of the reasons I now run Nuendo on a PC :wink:

I'll tell you what - if the project is not too intense (not too many tracks or too long), I'll volunteer to burn you the Wave files with my 2480. My free time is limited, but I really sympathize with your dilema...

Reply to this thread, or e-mail me at "Randyman at gmail dot com" to let me know the whole scoop... You should be able to make a CD Copy of the Roland's B/U data CD if you use Nero 6 (older versions of Nero don't seem to be compatible with the Roland B/U data for some reason). This way, you are not risking your material by sending the CD-R in the mail (send me the COPY, and you keep the original CD-R).

:cool: