1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Routing gear digidesign 002

Discussion in 'Recording' started by WRX07, Feb 19, 2005.

1. WRX07

WRX07 Guest

Right now I have: Mackie HR824's, Behringer HR400 headphone amp, DBX376, Bellari RP503, BBE 882, (2) RNP/RNC. As of now the BBE isn't even connected to the 002, and the RNP/RNC's aren't connected to the outs, so I can't use them as inserts in Pro Tools. I plan on getting two more pre's/compressors and another channel strip within the next few weeks.

How in the world shall I connect all of this outboard gear? I rarely use the pre's on ins 1-4. I record one instrument at a time, so with drums, the most mics I would be using at once would be about six. What's a good brand for a patchbay-DBX, Neutrik? I connect the monitors to the monitor outs and the headphone amp the the main outs. I would GREATLY appreciate any suggestions.
  2. Dave62

Dave62 Guest

Check out an Alesis optical patchbay AI-3 or the behinger ada8000 or if you want to spend a large wad of cash, the Rosetta 800. I believe Panasonic and Ramsa also make one of these. All of these are 8X8 balanced +4 -10 I/O, 44.1/48 devices that will connect via the adat I/O fiber optic on your 002. These will all give you 16 ins and outs out of your 002. Many people in this forum use this setup.