1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Royer SF-24 Orpheus, SPL Neos, Choirs

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by audiokid, Mar 1, 2013.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Just finished up at the Festival. Here is a short clip of a choir where I used a Royer SF-24, Prism Orpheus summed through the SPL Neos.

NOTE: You can adjusted the volumes on these tracks.

44.1 /24

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Here is another section where I added a Bricasti M7 (Cathedral preset) for fun:
    44.1 /24

Without Bricasti M7:

The remainder of the the two Nulled:

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

LAST YEAR - For fun, not intended to be any kind of accurate comparison, however, for my reference and to share two beautiful converter/preamp combo's with the Royer SF-24 once again.
    Here is the close to position, same church but switched using a Lavry AD11. I did not have the Neos for this as well.

88.2/32

Not sure what happened on this track last year, you will hear some clocking issue, however, never the less the Lavry Black is a beautiful converter too .

4. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Can you explain where you feel there is an audible clocking issue?

They both sound uber-smooth to me, Chris...

5. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

I'd kinda like to hear the same file with and without the Bricasti... if you have the time... just for fun and comparison on an apples to apples basis.

;)

-d.

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thanks Donny,

You bet... The one Lavry track where I noted the caption, you can hear a very faint rolling of , what sounds like the start of a buffer. That's what I meant to say, sorry. Listen again.

7. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Sure.

8. Alary

Alary Active Member

Nice!smoke

9. audiokid

audiokid Staff

On that track you can hear a pou pou pou pou pou pou "" . Thinking back, I believe I caught that and the next choir I increased the buffer.

10. audiokid

audiokid Staff

11. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Its interesting to look at the wave created with and without the Bricasti M7. Especially at the end. The amount I added is not very obvious, thats how I like it on the 2-bus. On a drum track, I would ramp it up a lot.
    The unit is incredibly transparent but to my ears, creates a glue like musicality to space.

I nulled the two and that was interesting as well. I'll try and upload the remainder.

12. audiokid

audiokid Staff