1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Run 2 M-Audio Delta sound cards simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by freelight, Jan 19, 2005.

1. freelight

freelight Guest

I currently run a Delta 44 for my analog interface, but I am wondering if it is possible to run another Delta card simultaneously.

If not, can you recommend another good quality analog i/o soundcard, with more than 4 channels, and other than an M-Audio product?

2. EricK

EricK Guest

I don't think you can run another card along side the Delta 44. It is possible to use several delta cards within one system, but they use teh S/PDIF i/o to sync to eachother. The Delta 44 doesn't have S/PDIF. Therefore, there is no way to sync the word clock together on each card.

I think you're out of luck/

3. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Hey freelight, welcome to RO. :)

Eric, the software control panel can synchronize the cards internally, so you actually can use up to four cards simultaneously.

4. EricK

EricK Guest

As I have never used more than one Delta Series card at a time, i just relied on the information found here:

http://www.midiman.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=32f370e2c3d0712bccc9e1f292fcb135

5. freelight

freelight Guest

so, im getting a mixed message here...

it is or isnt possible to run more than one delta 44 in the same system?
    and if so can they literally be used simultaneously? or would i have to switch from one to the other?

6. David French

David French Well-Known Member

I am almost positive that you dohn't need a master chock and SPDIF cable. Perhaps that website was simpy referring to a method for syncing cards when you have a high quality clock that you wish to use. The only way to find out for sure now it to contact them.

7. frob

frob Well-Known Member

i use the 1010 and the doumentation that come with it says that you can rum upto four via the word clock i/o whitch the 44 does not have. but thats the 1010's documentaion not the 44's. read the manual, and if it does not say yes then i would assume no

8. gnarr

gnarr Guest

i run 3 cards without a wordclock sync without any trouble. i just plugged the cards in and started recording ;)

9. freelight

freelight Guest

thank you for responding to my post, your help is appreciated. :cool: