1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Running Logic on a Notebook

Discussion in 'Logic' started by cdp, Feb 9, 2002.

1. cdp

cdp Active Member

Hi there.

But the notebook is a pc... a toshiba 1800 series. I'm already using it with LAP, and it's running well enough. I have not yet purchased a usb audio interface, and am using (yes, you may scream) the internal audio.

So, I'm searching for suggestions, since this is my very first time running anything on a mobile computer. What usb interfaces offer versatile interfacing and converter quality? And MIDI i/o?

Any tips for running a mobile system? I've been dreaming with this for years...

Ok, Thanks!!!!

Charles Di Pinto

2. Dedric

Dedric Guest

Charles,

If you have a PCMCIA II slot, RME has the Multiface and Digiface HDSP interfaces - both have Midi I/O as well as 96k audio support (you would probably want the Multiface for analog I/O as the Digiface is digital only). For USB interfaces, Emagic has one (EMI 2/6), as do Tascam, Swissonic, M-Audio. I don't know how good the converters are for these, but the RME interfaces are very good. I am sure there are others too.

I am using an RME Digiface with Logic on a desktop PC now, and am sure it would work very well with a laptop via PCMCIA.

Regards,
    Dedric

3. I'm also in the search for an io box for my iBook, but don't want USB boxes. For FireWire interfaces in one hand there's a pricy Mobile IO, and a cheap not so portable 828.

I would love to go Hammerfall, but iBooks don't have PCMCIA slots. Wish they'd go FireWire soon... :-/

Capi