1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Same drums different rooms YouTube video

Discussion in 'Recording' started by kmetal, Sep 10, 2016.

1. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Well-Known Member

this is pretty cool, I wish the clips were longer but pretty remarkable difference among rooms. Also insteresting to me was they used and RME/ISA 828 combination. This is similar to @pcrecord marcos setup I belive. Man does that big room sound and look spectacular imho!!

Sean G likes this.
  2. kmetal

Here was the sound cloud of different tracks solo'd and the entire mix from each place. It's actually remarkable that some of the million dislike studios don't necessarily sound a million times better. The living room actually did a decent job w the overall mix track imho

https://m.soundcloud.com/soundonsound

3. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

Yes, A ISA 428 + 2 ISA Two is probably sounding exactly like a 828..
    I usually use the ISA for Bassdrums and Snares + room mics. Lately the toms are going to the UA 4-710 but in a next project, I might go ISA for the entire drum and get you some samples ;)

Sean G and kmetal like this.
  4. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

About the play of the room; recording is like cooking a cake. mess with one ingredient and the results will be different.
    I wish they would have gone further with this ; like recording the drum in different spot in the room...
    In my situation, I don't have a good room to record my drums.. but what I do is tricking the overhead and room mic with a room reverb to compensate..
    It is somewhat convincing until I have the real thing ;)

kmetal likes this.
  5. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Rak Studio One had a really nice natural reverb to it IMO...the drum sound really came alive in that room

kmetal and pcrecord like this.
  6. kmetal

Air and rack were my two favs.