1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sample Playing

Discussion in 'Recording' started by dwalker2020, Apr 25, 2009.

1. dwalker2020

dwalker2020 Guest

i am using cubase le with the maize sampler and an akai mpd24, and im having a hard time getting the samples to trigger correctly. If i have a long sample like a bass line, i have to hold down the pad while it plays. what i would like to do is to be able to hit it and have it play the whole sample or until i hit it again, in which case it would restart. The guy in this video is doing what i would like to do. does anyone know what the setting that i am missing is? thanks for your time!
    [youtube:45b5118642]http://www.youtube.com/v/tA1lZjFzgI8[/youtube:45b5118642]

2. dwalker2020

dwalker2020 Guest

upon doing further research, i think that it is probably a setting somewhere in the sampler. the maize sampler that i am using is the trial version, and its not very sophisticated, and i am not sure if it is even an option in it. If necessary, i could get another sampler vsti. Suggestions for a cheap but good sampler vsti would be appreciated, if that would fix my problem! thanks for looking