1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Samplitude 11 Producer....phase invert?

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by moles, Aug 29, 2011.

1. moles

moles Active Member

Am I nuts, or is there no way to invert the phase of a track in Samp11 Producer?

I upgraded from Samplitude 10SE awhile back, to 11 Producer version. I was pretty happy with 10, but the every so often I'd hit a limitation with the number of plugins I was able to use, etc. I'm a little surprised that my "upgrade" somehow has lost me that function...

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I'm hoping 12 coming next month will be a big improvement. I'm having a lot of issues since I moved to 64bit.
    I'm on my laptop without the codemeter so I can't load Samplitude/Sequoia to help you other than to quote Benjamin Mass " right click on the pan and flip phase for both right and left sides".

3. moles

moles Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I took a look there again to see if I'd just missed it before...that option only comes up on the master fader Stereo Enhancer. No phase options at track level...that I can see, anyway.
    It seems completely weird to me to have all the 5.1 surround options in this version, and no polarity inversion. I found a couple of freeware plugs to try out - I didn't want to have to resort to that, but I think I'll live. ;)

4. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hi moles,

I'm back in the studio. Do you not have a phase invert button right beside your pan and each track? Mine is there in Sequoia. I'm thinking Samplitude is the same. I see the button in this tutorial
    http://www.samplitude.com/us/tutorial-videos/version-11.502.html

5. moles

moles Active Member

I did some poking around the Magix site this afternoon and looked at the screenshots - the phase button was right where I remember it from 10 and from the 11 demo. It's simply not there in Producer. There are a few other things missing too that I've found in my research this afternoon (side-chaining in the eFX Compressor - which is a function it definitely has in the other versions, a Mono button on the master bus...etc...) Maybe enough is missing to just spring for the upgrade to Samplitude (whatever they call the "standard" edition). I'm only a week into the first couple of projects that I'm recording with it, so this will be a good chance to see if I need to spend the cash or can deal with how it is.
    Thanks again for checking :)

6. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

The pedant says: You mean polarity, right? You can't invert phase. They are different and it matters.

7. moles

moles Active Member

:D Yeah yeah...I know... I got it right once at least: