1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Samplitude Independence

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by audiokid, Jan 5, 2012.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Anyone with Samplitude Pro using the full version of Independence?

• 70 GB Premium Sound Library including drums, percussion, acoustics, electric bass, pianos, organs, wind instruments, saxophones, synthesizers, a complete symphony orchestra and lots of other instruments
    • More than 3,000 instruments, arranger, and step sequencer patches

Independence > Audio Plugins > MAGIX Pro

2. DigitaLWizarD

DigitaLWizarD Active Member

Independence Sampler Workstation - http://pro.magix.com/en/independence/overview.1012.html

I'm still learning about it...

3. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Personally speaking, after having used it quite a bit for about 6 months now, I find Independence to be "okay" in terms of sound samples. I wouldn't say that it's the best library I've ever used, but it has served its purpose a time or two in some of my productions.

Bass guitars are pretty good, but guitars are pretty weak. Analog synths are pretty much par for the course, ( which means good), and percussion loops are what I'd consider to be useable, but nothing special. Pianos are average - at best.

The drums are, I think, the weakest part of the library. I personally don't find them to be sonically comparable to other dedicated drum libraries/programs, like Superior, BFD, EZ drummer, or, really any of the other dedicated drum sample libraries that are currently out there.

Strings and Brass are both solid. There are a few brass section samples that I actually dig. It's just that I don't use brass all that much. LOL

I will say that I do like the option choosing different virtual pre amps and "mic" choices for the instruments.

I guess I can put it this way: If I had purchased Independence as a standalone / third part VSTi library, I would have been disappointed.

But, I received the full library as an included feature of Samp Pro X Suite, so I can't really complain - as Independence wasn't my main motivation for getting Samplitude, anyway - it was just a kind of extra icing on the cake. I wasn't looking at it as a deal breaker or a deal maker.

So in that regard, I rate is as being "okay". There are so many other features of Pro X Suite that I find amazing, so it kind of all "evens out" when I look at it that way. ;)

IMHO of course.

d.

DigitaLWizarD likes this.