1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

scarlett 2i2 vs rolland quadcapture

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jbourne84, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jbourne84

jbourne84 Active Member

I just bought the scarlett 2i2 and plugged it in for the first time last night. Im not sure how i feel about it so far but i am still trying to figure out if the quad capture is worth the extra money.

Windows 7 (64bit)
    core2quad @ 2.4ghz
    Sonar x1

I am replacing my PCI audio card, an Echo MiaMIDI (great card when it worked but drivers had constant conflicts)

I normally use a midi keyboard(old yamaha keyboard), along with 1-2 mics, the 2i2 doesnt have a midi input but since its half the price of the QuadCapture it makes me think i could easily spend 40-50 on a used USB keyboard controller or something.

Since this computer is used for everything, this interface will handle the audio for everything, I would love to splurge for the Quad Capture, especially since its likely more compatible with Cakewalk software but its twice the price and a part of me would rather wait to spend more money when a USB 3.0 version is available (assuming that should be within a year or two).

Any thoughts?