1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

SDII icons showing as generic docs, help

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Randy Crafton, Feb 23, 2002.

1. After a week of mac woes which involved disk warrior, zapping PRAM, rebuilding desk tops, Norton anti-virus, OS re-installing, Conflict Catcher, etc. the only lingering problem is: All (I mean all) of my SDII file are being represented by a generic document icon. I believe this means that the finder is not recognizing them for what they are, and this will probably lead to trouble. I have also updated to DP3.02, the accompanying MAS release, and still stuck wit this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Randy

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Well...unfortunately this is the one aspect of Mac I truly hate...corrupted data files like the ones you have...say buh bye to them! Unless someone knows a way of rebuilding those files..they're goners! Sorry mate
    Opus

3. The files open fine, am able to continue work, It is just concerning that they are not being identified properly. Anyboy know anything about auto-typer?

4. pan

pan Guest

there is a little application called SDII-icon-fixer - should be available online, I could send you the app, if not successful.

Niko

5. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Ooops...guess I minsunderstood you on that one..didnt see anything stating they worked but the icons were just bad...
    Pan is on this one!
    Opus

6. Thanks,

SDII-icon-fixer did the trick. Life is better.

Randy