1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

SE elect. Gemini Dual Tube Mic

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by mikE@THECAVE, Jun 10, 2004.

1. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

Has anyone used this mic.How is it?Kurt do you think you can get one for review?About 799 $ street I think
  2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    Here's what I was able to find.. $1300 list for a single pattern LD tube mic...
  3. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

yes thats it --and they have the Z5600 has got some good reviews also.Nice looking mics?!!!1
  4. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Yeah, it has two tubes in it instead of one. I read a review of it in SOS, and while the review wasn't bad, the writer didn't exactly rave about it either. Left me with the impression that is was just "ok".
  5. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

I didnt get to read that review. Oh well i was just shopping around.I see they are on Ebay 399$for 5600 model and 799$ for the dual tube.
  6. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

If you go to the listeningsessions.com #5 he has the 5600 model on acoustic guitar very detailed high end .check it out and comment on which mic on this page sounds good to you .I like several of them.
  7. ahyatt

ahyatt Active Member

Oct 6, 2001
    Torrance, CA USA
    Home Page:
    SE mics is Zou Zwei from Feilo. SE used to be the Feilo house brand to compete with the other OEM brands they built for. Zou and Feilo fell out, so Zou took a few engineers and assemblers and rented a building in Shanghai. The dual tube is more of a gimmick, the mic only uses one side of each of the dual triode, so you could use only 1 tube... So I am a bit curious what benefit the second tube offers.

I hear it is not bad, but a great way to push up the retail price and street cost. He gets kudos from me for improving the build and look, but it is not a $1,200.00 mic.... Another decent mic that has been done before.

8. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

Hi Alan Im very happy with your C1 and T3.I was just BSing with these guys .Im not buying any mics right now.I had an unreal sound going with the C1 and that old Peavey vmp2 i just picked up.
    Now Im not sure which mic i like better.Im looking forward to my new cable To give the T3 another chance against the C1.
  9. hey the new studio projetcs cables coming out.. do you think it'll change the sound of my K2 any?
  10. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

yes i think that it would help the sound of your k2