1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sebatron and RNP Question

Discussion in 'Recording' started by tterral1, Jul 17, 2003.

1. tterral1

tterral1 Guest

I currently own a Langevin DVC which I am thinking about selling in order to buy either a Sebatron VMP 4000e OR a Sebatron VMP 2000e and an RNP. I like the Langevin, but I need 4 channels of pre and by selling the Langevin and adding a little cash I can get 4 channels. The question is should I go for 4 channels of Sebatron or 2-Seb and 2-RNP. I am recording acoustic music (bluegrass, folk, contemporary acoustic, etc.), so I need something that will be clean and clear as well as something that can have a little character when I need it. This will be for acoustic guitars, mandolin, DI bass and vocals. My mics are Soundelux U195, Josephson C42, AT 4041 an d Oktava MC 012.

Any comments, advice other alternatives, etc. will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tim T

2. tmix

tmix Guest

Tim,
    Although I am adding more pres myself for the same reason you are, I do have a RNP which I use ALL the time for Acoustic guitar ,Banjo, Fiddle,Hand Drums,Mandolin etc and i love it. In fact I have about convinced myself to stop looking at the Davisounds, Tofts etc and just buy more RNPs. The only reason I will probably buy something else is for variety of sound.

3. Bowisc

Bowisc Active Member

If I were in your shoes, I'd get a John Hardy M1 (with tranny) along with a 2000e.

Bowisc

4. tterral1

tterral1 Guest

Yeah, if the John Hardy M1 was in my budget right now, that is what I would get, too. Unfortunately the M1 will have to wait for a while. Great pre from everything that I have read. In fact I spoke with John a couple of years ago when I was inquiring about the M1 and he is a great guy, very informative and very helpful. I will have a couple of M1 one of these days.