1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

~SEBATRON~ QUIZ/GIVEAWAY QUESTIONS 1 to 5

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Sebatron, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Sebatron

Sebatron Well-Known Member

...good luck to all ,,
    and remember get to 500 points and you win the prize .....

The prize is a vmp-2000e valued at over $1200 USD….
    Shipped directly from the Sebatron factory to you….

Each question may be worth anywhere from 5 points to 50 points or more.... this one is worth 40 points if answered correctly.....

QUESTION ONE:

Who was the first ( and so far only ) person to drink wine on the moon?

…..Your time starts now,
    I’ll accept the first correct answer. Not multiple answers....
    Get to it. :D

2. freaky

freaky Guest

Buzz Aldrin and fellow astronaut Neil Armstrong secretly had comunnion on the moon.

3. freaky

freaky Guest

Whoops, to clearify- Buzz Aldrin is my final answer (I get so excited over this...) :-?

4. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Aw, come on freaky, give someone else a chance. You've already won two already. That's why I'm not playing again this year.

5. freaky

freaky Guest

I really enjoy this contest, but I do already have a pretty decent Sebatron set up. If Seb would rather I didn't play, that would be fine with me (I'm sure my fiance would be ecstatic...). Honestly, I'm not sure I want to put in the effort it takes to win this time. On the other hand, it's so much fun! Maybe we should level the playing field and start me off with negative points. Or, if Seb's willing, we could change the prize structure if I win: I get a few stickers and a t-shirt (or even a discontinued unit?) , well second place gets a discount off the purchase of a vmp 2000e. I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas here...

6. Sebatron

...NO NO NO >>>>

This is a competition fair and square.You will be assesed accordingly.
    Freaky and anyone else is fully encouraged to compete....

Besides , I don't get many kicks these days,...
    Watcing Oscilloscope patterns day in day out is driving me crazy.

FREAKY: 35 points ( penalty of 5 points for posting twice not once )

REST OF WORLD: 0 points

There's still a chance for everyone.Don't give up......
    Inappropriate behaviour won't be tolerated.

... next question to follow very soooon .......

8)

7. Sebatron

QUESTION TWO:

What is the Speed Of Light in inches per second .....

As excact as you can get it to five decimal places.

…..Your time starts now. :cool:

I’ll accept the first two correct answers.
    Not multiple answers....
    Colours will help your score..... dynamics ....
    It's worth a maximum of 30 points.

Get to it. :cool:

8. David French

I didn't think Sebastian would have a problem with it, but to me, it's a question of honor. Glad to see you understand where i'm coming from freaky. I guess you deserve to win, if you can put up with the abuse again!

9. BROKENBONES

BROKENBONES Active Member

this is not a guess: 11982686000 inches per second. :!:

10. freaky

freaky Guest

11,802,852,677.165353 inch/second

11. freaky

freaky Guest

Open letter to all: This contest is a great way for Sebatron to promote and advertise. I can say from experience that Seb makes an awesome product and I think it's well worth the effort to win. I've made a promise to myself that I won't allow myself to loose any sleep over the contest again this year. This means that anyone who is willing to put in a little effort should be able to beat me easily... I won't lie, it's still going to be hard to win. If nobody is willing to work for it, I'll gladly take home another vmp 2000e. Right now, anyone who tries can win this as I'm fully prepared to bow out if it's a challenge again this time... In other words, get in there and fight! You know the prize is worth it, work for it! Have fun and teach me a little humillity! As of this writing, there are only two answers to the question. If you look, you'll notice that both answers are wildly different. Obviously, both answers can't be correct and maybe both are wrong! Here's a perfect chance to score a few points :wink: You really don't want to make this easy for me do you? :lol:

12. David French

Freaky, I had you wrong. You are a class act.

People, freaky is giving you a gift here. He is an insanely strong competitor. I only wish he would have given me the same courtesy! The last contest was pretty strong all the way to the end. I hope this one is as good.

Get in there guys! Trust me, it's well worth it (but only once in a lifetime ;)).

13. abmac

abmac Guest

that would be

11,802,852,677.165353 in/sec

14. beachhunt

beachhunt Guest

Since nobody posted to FIVE decimal places, but rather SIX, my vote is:

11802852677.16535 inches per second

15. macombaland

macombaland Guest

11,802,852,677.16535 in/sec

I'll try that 5 decimal place idea as well.

16. Bri

Bri Active Member

Hmmmm....

11,802,709,154.4768 inches per second

Could someone give me an example of your figures...wondering why I'm getting something "relatively" different.

17. David French

I'd like to know how people are expected to get five decimal places. The speed of light by definition (since 1972) is 299,792.458 km/sec. This number has nine significant figures, so that sets a limit on the ammount of significant figures the final answer can contain.

18. abmac

abmac Guest

the conversion from metric(m/sec) to US(in/sec) allows for the decimal.

19. David French

I don't understand your point, abmac. It seems to me that any additional figures generated by the conversion factors are meaningless since the precision is limited by the speed of light to nine significant figures

20. that would be