1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

~SEBATRON~ QUIZ GIVEAWAY QUESTIONS 6 to 10

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Sebatron, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Sebatron

Sebatron Well-Known Member

....Ready for some more madness ??? :?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the current scores ,, adjusted as we see fit for all those participating ,, and all those observing..... :D

MIKE AT THE CAVE : 10 points

FREAKY: 10 points

MHUGHES : 10 points

DAVID FRENCH : 20 points

THE BEAST: 25 points

Everybody still has a chance at this ,, it could change direction at any stage ....... just keep an eye out on this very forum ......oh , and don't forget to put it back in when you're finished ....... ahahahahahahaha............ :shock:

When the moon becomes lame ,
    and a quater of its size ,
    .. .. another question will be posted ,
    ... and another chance for the prize ..... :wink:

2. Sebatron

QUESTION SIX:

Australian comedian Garry MacDonald is best known for his character ‘Strop’ in the classic Paul Hogan shows of the 1970’s. What was the name of the character he played ?

...….Norman _________
    ( 20 points )

…..Your time starts now,
    I’ll only accept the first correct answer.
    Get to it. :lol:

3. TheBeast

TheBeast Guest

Norman Gunston.

4. TheBeast

TheBeast Guest

I believe John Cornell played the character of Strop, Seb. :)

5. mhughes

mhughes Guest

Gunston....damn your fast beast!

6. TheBeast

TheBeast Guest

I've been told that. I guess thats why I can't hold down a relationship..

:cry:

7. mhughes

mhughes Guest

[quote="I've been told that. I guess thats why I can't hold down a relationship..

:cry:[/quote]

Nothing says love like a new preamp, eh?

8. freaky

freaky Guest

True, Garry MacDonald had "The Norman Gunston Show" while strop (Cornell...) was a character on "The Paul Hogan Show"...

9. Sebatron

The Beast gets the full points for the answer , and also for pointing out the deliberate error in my ways. :oops:
    Freaky gets five points for dropping MacDonald's name....

WELL DONE !!! :cool:

The new scores:

MIKE AT THE CAVE : 10 points

MHUGHES : 10 points

FREAKY: 15 points

DAVID FRENCH : 20 points

THE BEAST: 45 points

Everybody still has a chance at this ,, it could change direction at any stage ....... just keep an eye out on this very forum ......oh , and don't forget to put it back in when you're finished ....... ahahahahahahaha............ :oops:

QUESTION SEVEN :

In no more than TWENTY WORDS and NO LESS THAN EIGHTEEN .... answer the following question....

Who were Belka and Strelka ?

I will accept three different answers this time ,, but only one contestant per answer.
    If you don't follow the instructions about 18 - 20 words ,, you will fail and may be disqualified from the competition completely.
    If you have a half decent answer you may earn up to 20 points ,, a really good answer may be worth 30 points or so ,,, .... a $*^t answer only 5 points.....
    It's down to your own skill. .... not necessarily timing .....
    If you happen to end the last sentence with the word ' OBLIGATION ' .... you WILL recieve BONUS points .

…..Your time starts now,
    Get to it.
    ....Only the first three posts accepted. :lol:

10. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Belka and Strelka were two cosmonaut dogs who were launched into space aboard Sputnik 5 in August of 1960.

11. mhughes

mhughes Guest

Russian dogs sent into space on Sputnik 5 with
    no obligation.

12. freaky

freaky Guest

dogs who were launched into space on board Sputnik 5 on August 19, 1960 spent a day in orbit

13. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

.belka and strelka were space dogs that were on sputnik 5 .they went into space in august 1960 with no obligation.

14. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

Belka ("Squirrel") and Strelka ("Little Arrow") were cosmonaut dogs on Sputnik 5. Forty mice helped them fulfill their obligation.

15. Sebatron

.....>>WELL DONE !!!! :cool:

A good array of answers here.
    Firstly Dave gets good points for that answer (25 points ) ,, mhughes your word count was low unfortunately but the ‘ no obligation ‘ at the end saved your ass ( 15 points ).
    Freaky you get 20 points.
    Mike you get 5 points for your efforts.

You realise i'm being extremely liberal and sympathetic at the moment.... :roll:

Scores will be posted after this next question or in a few hours :

QUESTION EIGHT :

Whatisthreetimeseightthenaddfourtothatanswerthendividethatanswerbytwoandthenminus(thenumberofnaturalsatellitestheearthhas)whatisthatnumberthatyouendupwith? ( 20 points )

Name a film that has that number in the title. ( 15 points )

Your time starts now ,,
    I'll only accept one post ,, the correct number and a film if you can think of it...
    Get to it. :lol:

16. David French

The number is 13. "13 Days" was a movie with that number in the title.

17. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

13 - Friday the 13th

18. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

Damn - didn't see that things had moved on to Page 2. :evil:

19. Sebatron

Well Done Dave !!! :cool:

Dave gets full points ,,, ... although i was thinking of Apollo 13...

Scores will be posted within 12 hours.....

20. David French

I HATE to do this, but I must since an injustice has been done. Zemlin deserves the full points for his answer to question seven becuase freaky's and mike's posts were edited. Freaky started with a very long but correct post - he must have missed the length requirement. - then he edited his post and cut it down to 17 words. Finally, he edited it again to become the answer that stands now. Freaky, please forgive me for this, but Zem really does deserve the points. I hope you aren't disqualified, but I think you won second prize last time if I remember correctly so I guess it's not so bad.

Mike, I owe you one, so here it goes: Mike's answer that stands now is actually his fourth, and it is also 21 words long. It doesn't show that it has been edited since two of the changes were deletions. Also, the third change was an edit, but if you edit directly after you've made a post, the 'last edited' message does not show. This is also why Freaky's post only shows that it was edited one when in fact it was edited twice.
    Mike, I hope since were even now we can be friends. Forgive me, but again this just isn't fair.