1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sebatron yeah or nay

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by julian lamp, Aug 15, 2003.

1. julian lamp

julian lamp Guest

hi kurt,and everyone... need your help.I,m off to Austria with a load of gear to record in a great sounding barn and i,m about to shell out on equipment. preamps i,m going to try are uad 2610,Phoenix DrS2,Dav electronics,maybe the Great river ,but i,m very curious about the Sebatron.The problem is i cant try it out but i might just order it .What do you think?.The music will have lots of ac.guitar,perc,fuzz electric,bass,male vocals but i want it to sound fairly organic and raw.Recording onto laptop through Mytek converters,So shall i stick with what i can try out,or take a chance on the SEB.Julian

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Julian.
    Perhaps when you are in Australia you can hook up with Sebatron and get a loaner for a couple of days.. Then if you like it you can take it home with you... Sebatron is a great guy and I would bet that he will be willing to work with you. The vmp is a great design and is very fat and full sounding on acoustic guitar.. I am sure you would like it very much... Have a bon voyage .... Kurt

3. julian lamp

julian lamp Guest

Kurt thanks for the reply ,but it,s Austria("sound of music"country)where i,m going hence the dilemma.

4. sdevino

sdevino Active Member

Julian are you anywhere near New Hampshire? I have a vmp2000e you can check out in the studio.

You can contact me off list for more details.

Thanks
    Steve

sdevino@graniterocks.com

5. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

hey, Steve, I sent ya 2 PM´s. One last month and the other one yesterday.
    Ya pretty busy. that is good! $$$$
    :)

6. julian lamp

julian lamp Guest

Steve ,thanks for the offer.Actually i live in London u.k .

7. julian lamp

julian lamp Guest

Steve ,thanks for the offer.Actually i live in London u.k .

8. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Damn! That's twice today I mis read a post.. I gotta get some new specks!! Sorry for the confusion Julian.. Kurt

9. AEW

AEW Guest

Kurt try sleeping.

Nick