1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Second hand Sample Libraries

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Multani, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Multani

Multani Guest

hi peeps, been a while but i am getting back into the world of DAW recording- but this time i am going for a different approach- soundtracks instead of just band tracks- more personal, and less headaches (hopefully).

yea anyways, i have seen some sample libraries for heiniously cheap prices (1/10th RRP!) - they seem too good a price not to buy.............

but i am just scared that they are gonna be like copies of the DVDs- basically im worried that they are sort of "off the back of a lorry" products-

what do i do about registration etc? they are used by the way- but the weird thing is the guy has 3 of the same software- all used..................sounds fishy. so if they are registered to his computer, will they work on mine??

i think i might just say what the hell and go for it anyway- the price is so low it wont be that much a loss if eveything goes pearshape. plus he says i can return if im not happy.

help?
    (cheers in advance!)

2. Multani

Multani Guest

haha, a few hours after i posted that all 3 copies had been snatched up. i will be faster next time!

the library was eastwest gold orchestra for £45 on ebay-

begins kicking self..............................

the closest to that you can get is £320

3. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

I've picked up a couple of libraries on ebay and gotten the original cd/dvd
    E mail the guy first and make sure its not a knock off copy- I got an eastwest string sample library for about $99 that way and it was great.

Make sure its a brand name though- I've had real bad luck with some off the beaten path libraries on ebay and I wont buy anymore of those. Like some supposedly brass loops I bought- they were just loops from a keyboard, not brass, complete with a real loud audio hum!