1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sell my Korg Triton Studio 88 for More Gear??

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by razor_usmc, Oct 7, 2004.

1. razor_usmc

razor_usmc Guest

Hey all.

I have an old Korg X3...full midi that I have used for quite a while. I have been using all-in-ones up until now. I am thinking of taking the plunge and going pc or mac for my studio. I bought a Korg Triton 88 key music workstation because I liked the vast new sounds and abilities. If I can do all these things with the old Korg X3 and the right software...do I really need a $3000 keyboard? Isn't there software that I can use with a good soundcard and my X3 to get the same results? I am really wanting to get recording in a decent studio and would hate to have to save for countless months when I have a $3000 keyboard that cannot come close to what the computer can do for me with a decent midi keyboard. In short...thinking about keeping the X3 and selling the Triton to get my foot in the door for a computer DAW. Is it worth it... should I just use my sorry all in one 8 track for now, keep a great keyboard like the triton..and bide my time?

Your opinions? Thanks for the time to write.

Razor

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

I'd likely keep the Triton as it is a great keyboard and songwritting workstation. My experience is that a DAW should just be that, a DAW. Once you start to make it do other tasks such as also be your instrument you are just asking for trouble. Having your DAW control your Triton is a different thing and is part of the tasks of a DAW.

3. Bhennies

Bhennies Guest

keep the triton- unless you want to trade it for my triton 61 key :)