1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Server crashing

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by audiokid, Sep 15, 2016.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

There seems to be an issue that started occurring in the last 2 days. I am looking into this now. Sorry for the disruption.

Chris
    RO Admin

Sean G, sage and Press like this.
  2. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

I noticed this around Thursday evening around 9:30-10:30pm our time...so roughly 32 or so hours ago.

I was on the site and returned back to the main forums page and the page was taking ages to load...then I got the dreaded "this site cannot be reached" message from my browser.

When I did finally get on the site the RO site background was there but it was reporting an error message with the server. It did this for about an hour so I gave up. Things were back to normal again in the morning.

It happened very briefly again last night, but only for about 2 or so minutes where I could not log on.

At first I thought this was just general maintenance you may have been doing Chris, so I didn't think about reporting it or mentioning it yesterday.

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thanks for the updates, Sean. So far I cannot pin this down.
    I rebooted the server today, hopefully that helps.

4. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Maybe this may help...its from Ghost In The Machine

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

nope, embedding videos wasn't it either.

I just did a complete backup so we are restore-able up to now.

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

update,
    Andy, our RO support guru and friend thinks this is indication of a HD failure so I'm onto this asap.

7. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Just got an update from server support. Hopefully this is the route to what happened.

Here is what they said:

8. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

So it was at their end by the sound of it

9. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

Chris, I appreciate all you do to get these things sorted out. I'm sure it's stressful, even when it's not on your end.

Sean G and audiokid like this.
  10. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thanks Dave.

11. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

I think that sometimes we take RO for granted; like the sun coming up every morning, we don't think about what it takes for this forum to exist. Without Chris and his tech guy Andy, RO. Wouldn't be here.
    Thanks, Chris. We really do appreciate what you do to keep RO up and running. ;)

audiokid likes this.
  12. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

I agree...without Chris we would not have such an amazing forum that we take for grated.

RO is a credit to you Chris, and you are a credit to RO with all that you do to keep the wheels turning and the lights on.

I for one couldn't imagine going without my fix of RO...I truly feel that it is the best resource on the web of its kind...nothing comes close to it and I know I have learned so much and continue to learn something new every time I log on.

A shout out to Andy the tech guy as well...you guys working behind the scenes constantly to keep this machine moving forward is immeasurable.

Thanks. (y)

audiokid likes this.
  13. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thanks guys.:love:

14. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

I'm adding my appreciation to you, Chis, for all the work in keeping this world-class forum running.

audiokid likes this.
  15. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thanks Bos. (y)

16. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

I felt desperate and abandoned for a moment but now, I'm better !! :ROFLMAO:
    Thanks Chris !

audiokid likes this.
  17. audiokid

audiokid Staff

:DThanks Marco!

18. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Thanks Donny! (y)