1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Setting up my mixer.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by zperaldrummerz, Jul 27, 2006.

1. I'm trying to get my yamaha mg16/4 set up to my computer for recording. All I have as far as inputs/outputs on my computer are the 1/8" outputs from my soundblaster sound card. I want to set it up so that my monitors(m-adudio pro3[yea i know, they're cheap]) go out through my mixer.

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

That's a nice little mixer and its easy to connect to your " blaster" type soundcard. You'll probably want to go to Radio Shaft to purchase two, 1/8" stereo mini phone plug, to 2 RCA plugs (White-left, red-right).

Your mixer already has those RCA plugs on the back of it labeled, 2 track recorder, record and playback. So you'll use one of those Radio Shaft cables to go from your mixers 2 track record output to the blue line input of your blaster card. Conversely, you'll love the other Radio Shaft cord into the blaster's Green line output to the mixers 2 track playback monitor input. Then to monitor your computer through the mixer to your self powered monitors becomes a simple push of a button. Now you're cooking with gas! Because recording is a gas.

Always full of gas
    Ms. Remy Ann David

Full of something, obviously.