1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Setting up Nuendo

Discussion in 'Nuendo' started by igotnosmoke, Jun 15, 2004.

1. igotnosmoke

igotnosmoke Active Member

Hi guys,
    Ive got 2 questions...
    Im using Nuendo 1.51 to record my music and im reasonably new to it... I am also using a Delta 1010lt soundcard...

Firstly, im having difficulty locating the function that enables you to hear what your playing thru the monitors (whist i am singing or playing an instrument) what needs to be done to get it working?

Secondly, i would like to record multiple tracks simultaneously.. yet the Nuendo default setup only allows you to record one track at a time.. In the ASIO Multimedia setup... ive selected all my tracks to be active, what further configurations need to be done

Thanks guys,
    Spiz

2. BladeSG

BladeSG Guest

You need to first record enable a track so you can hear what your playing/singing. That is not hitting the record button, you hit the R button next to the S & M buttons (solo/mute) that should turn red R (enabled) on the track you're about to record to.

I'm not familiar with the Delta 1010, but I think you may have to enable the M Audio ASIO driver in Nuendo. This is done in the drop down menu in the Device/Device Setup/VST Multitrack section.

3. BladeSG

BladeSG Guest

Also I think you might want to move this to the digital recording forum where you might have alot more success getting a reply from dmfrench who seems to know about Steinberg products and sequencers in general.

4. igotnosmoke

igotnosmoke Active Member

thanks for the reply, though its a bit more complex then that :/ i hit the R button everytime i record something... yet cant hear myself through the headphones whislt recording
    Spiz