1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Seymour Duncan Wiring

Discussion in 'Recording' started by at551, May 1, 2007.

1. at551

at551 Guest

I have a big issue. I have an Ibanez S470 with the Axis pick-ups and changed the bridge to a Seymour Duncan JB. I got the pup used and wired it the way it was into the guitar. It worked great til a week ago when it stopped working. I did not have access to a solder machine so I just wound the cable around the clems of both the volume and the 5 way switch. I have taken the cabling apart and cannot find a configuration to work now. I tried the standard SD wiring diagram, but it won't work with the 8-in-line 5 way switch Ibanez uses. Anyone got any suggestions for me on achieving the maximum metal sound in between Satriani and Lamb of God by wiring my JB ?

Thanks a lot,
  2. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Take it to a reputable shop and tell em what you want. Chances are they have a soldering iron back on the bench and the means to make any wiring scheme work properly.

After all....its what they "do".......
  3. BobRogers

BobRogers Distinguished Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Blacksburg, VA
    Dave's probably right in the short term, but if you like working with guitars you should learn to solder. Start with making some guitar cords.