1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Shadow Hills Equinox

Discussion in 'Recording' started by audiokid, Sep 17, 2012.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

The Shadow Hills Equinox looks pretty cool. I'd love to try this. Any one here using it? I doubt its comparable to my MixDream, Dangerous Master with the ST patched with gear though. But possibly a good start for those without additional hardware.
    Its got that look, gives me G.A.S. Nice but does it work? Are those pre's the answer?

Strange delivery from the owner...

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

i really like how it looks. switches, lights, meters big knobs. attitude / color? iron?

3. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Anything that goes through the trouble to offer three different types of core materials on the transformers has got to be the REAL DEAL. Now if I can only remember where I put that extra arm and leg.......

4. audiokid

audiokid Staff

That's what I was thinking but researching for opinions today, there is a negative review on GS over that section.

Shadow Hills Equinox - User review - Gearslutz.com

There are so many reasons why a product may or may not do what was expected. So I always take these with a grain of salt. It does look very impressive.

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I tried to find the company website and up here in Canada, my researching steered me to a dated flash website that I kept question if it was for real or now. It was terrible and goofy and the cache crashed my browser . I actually changed my security after visiting it. Asking for some stupid code. Like I even have time to waste struggling to find a contact page for this product after that.
    The website was http://shadowhillsindustries.com/
    I would like to demo one of these but I ain't going there again. Very weird site, weird video and poor way to market something of quality IMO. The company is portraying some post WW1 German technology that I just don't get. As you can tell, I'm not impressed and walked away feeling puzzled.

anyway.

Most people using summing boxes don't have the luxury to compare things. Majority reviews I read were from people that didn't know much or have had the luxury to compare to their rivals.

6. apstrong

apstrong Active Member

That is some terrible marketing but it's not malicious. Annoying, but not dangerous. The "enigma" codes are in the book on the left side of the desk. It's a hilariously good example of how not to promote your product, but then again, maybe they don't care. If you're using Internet Explorer, try it in Firefox or Chrome. I'll save you some trouble, the "code" for info on the equinox is tir54. And all you get is a short promotional video that doesn't tell you much. n5by1 will get you a list of distributors. The dealer in Canada is Systems Guinois, 514-937-2000, http://

7. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hey thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk