1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Share your recording log sheet?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by zemlin, Jan 28, 2005.

1. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

I've never been a note taker, but I really should start keeping a log sheet when I record.

If anyone has a sheet that works particularly well, I'd love to see it or at least know what you track during a session.

Or if you know of a sample logsheet on the www somewhere, I'd be grateful for the link. I looked a bit and came up empty.

Thanks.

2. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

I used to keep pretty meticulious notes but since the daw came around I'm not so apt to. It's just not as fun to type stuff into a comments box, as opposed to drawing doodles of mic positions and stuff on the back of a track sheet.

Chris

3. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

I'm thinking paper and pencil.

4. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

(Dead Link Removed)

I made that with "projects" in mind - The boxes and checkboxes on the lower right are for "stingers" or additional instruments per song, while the rest of the tracks stay consistent (I got tired of using a sheet per song when the only thing that changed was a rainstick or a trumpet or something).

Help yourself to it if it looks like what you need...