1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

SHORTCUTS

Discussion in 'Recording' started by chris lannon, Mar 14, 2001.

1. chris lannon

chris lannon Guest

This thread is all about "tips and tricks". Anything else will be deleted. :roll:

2. chris lannon

chris lannon Guest

The dot trick:

Use the period to enter a measure number/time/etc in the counter. (the period is located just left of the enter key)

3. chris lannon

chris lannon Guest

Make DP respond like a studer:

Open Windows>Remote Controls
    assign "add marker" to F8
    assign "go to marker" to - (above the enter key)
    Open the markers window.. roll tape and hit F8 4 beats in front of each section of the song (there's no preroll in DP.. yet)
    Double click on the new marker and name it

1 space space Vrs 1

continue in like fashion to complete the arrangement

the markers window will now show your vrs and chorus with a # in front of it

Now hit (example) - 2 enter..Or - 7 enter

Just like a Studer
    :roll:

4. chris lannon

chris lannon Guest

Use Basics>Automation setup>Mute system resources.. to speed up "bounce to disk"

Option click the play button on the track to be bounced. All other tracks/plugins will be muted CPU wise resulting a much faster bounce.

5. chris lannon

chris lannon Guest

For fewer pops and clicks when editing:

Soundbites window>Set edit options>Use crossfades for edit> 10 msec.

Default is 5 msec and has caused me some problems.

6. erockerboy

erockerboy Member

Navigation tip: especially when dealing with large projects, I like to leave the Tracks Overview window open, zoomed all the way out, right above the Audio GE. This way I can use the TO to jump around the session in a hurry (by double-clicking the play bar), and use the Audio GE to get a more detailed view, without having to constantly zoom in/out.

Using Window Sets really makes this a lot easier as well. :)

7. chris lannon

chris lannon Guest

Store soundbites in the clippings window:

If you have a kick sample, a vocal phrase, or any soundbite you'd like to "paste in" quickly (via drag and drop) create a clippings file (2 choices) under windows