1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Shure KSM44 - would ya?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by overlookfran, Mar 15, 2005.

1. overlookfran

overlookfran Guest

now i got turned onto the Shure KSM44 as being an amazing mic for a decent price. Anyone used these, and what are your thoughts. I really was leaning toward the one-trick-pony tube Rode NTK for my Grace 101's, to match tube with SS...

oh, woe is me! what mic to buy.....

:roll:

2. PCM

PCM Guest

great mic. a real workhorse.

3. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

arent you lucky we have so many choices! In the 500- 700 range among others;
    AKG C414, Rode K2, Rode NTK, SP T3, shure KMS 44 (and 32), blue dragon fly, baby bottle- so many more...

4. overlookfran

overlookfran Guest

true true...

im still feelin the NTK since it gets raved about and its tube. I got the Grace 101's coming tomorrow, and I'm thinkin the tube mic with those Super-transparent pres might be the best bet...

5. mchakravarty

mchakravarty Guest

Hi,
    The NTK (cardioid only) is very present and smooth indeed and specially so on the male voice. However, if you can afford to muscle an additional 700, the K2 is by far the best (beats almost all 3K titans) offering dual diaphragm and variable multipattern control.

6. overlookfran

overlookfran Guest

so why doesnt Rode charge as much? or, more importantly, why doesnt everyone in the world own a Rode? haha

7. ShellTones

ShellTones Guest

If this is for your own vocals, I'd try before I buy. Other mics to consider are the AT 4047 and the Shure SM7.