1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

sidechain gate in cubase ??

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by luxeomni, Jan 25, 2005.

1. luxeomni

luxeomni Guest

Ok i want to achieve that : "heres a kick trick, run a 50 hz. oscillator tone thru a gate, with the kick going into the sidechain (key input ) of the gate and dial it up so the kick triggers the gate to open and pass the oscillator signal "
    i ve got my kick track, and my 50 hz sine track, but i cant figure out how to do a sidechain in cubase anyhelp?

thx

2. eFe

eFe Active Member

I'm not a Cubase user but Waves has processors with sidechain. Version 3.5 or 4.0 haves them with a name like "Comp-Gate sc". Yo u just have to pass both signals panned 100% thru a Stereo bus, set the gate to be in Sidechain mode and pick who would be the key. Set the gate and that's it. I have no other plugin that works with sidechain, Waves works OK.
    Wish you luck

eFe

3. stereomaus

stereomaus Guest

Gating in Cubase

:wink: I am far from an expert but if you are running Cubase in the dynamics section ("dyn" at the top of you channel) you should find an autogate to use. This includes a trigger frequency range. In VST 32 you select listen mode and alter frequency as you listen to the track. There is a "predict" setting which is tricky. Let your ears be your guide.

Later!

Stereomaus.