1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

SIS Chipsets, Please help!!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Iceberg, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Guest

Does anyone know of any problems running audio on a Matsonic Motherboard with an sis chipset. here is the chipset: SIS 651 + 961 and SIS 651 + 962.
    I am running a gina 20 with P4 2.0, 512 ddr.
    please help me cause sometimes it runs great and others it fails. I run Win2K with sonar, nuendo, Acid, WaveLab 4, Sondforge 6, and some other stuff.

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Umm, yes..there is a problem with Sis chipsets and the Echo products...they do not work together. I tried it out on an Asus P4S533 board and had no success whatsoever...you need Intel with Echo stuff...it's the safest bet. Sometimes you should not just go with cheap and non Intel chipsets....
    Opus

3. Iceberg

Iceberg Guest

thanks, I have not been havin' all that many problems. it just seems to act up here and there. the card is working, but just acts up sometimes. thanks

4. Opus2000

What memory are you using anyways? What is your memory ratio settings in the BIOS if it allows you that option?
    What is your quest? What is your favorite color? Oh wait...this isn't the Monty Python quotes page!!! :p

5. Iceberg

Iceberg Guest

My bios doesnt give me ratio settings. I am going to purchase a new Motherboard with an Intel chipset. Which Intel chipset will work the best with my gina20? I am going to swap it out and then build a internet surfing pc with the sis board. thanks! it has been running ok lately, but I cannot get my latency very low at all.

6. Opus2000

Any Intel chipset will work with the echo products...Intel is the safest way all around, works with everything.
    The reason being is that Via, Sis and Ali all don't go with the motorolla chipset design codes. They go against the grain so to speak. So that causes your lack of low latency, constant problems or a working card in general.
    HTH
    Opus

7. Iceberg

Iceberg Guest

Thanks alot. what do you think of the 845 chipset cause thats what I will prob. get?

8. Opus2000

Again....any intel chipset will be fine...doesnt matter what form it is as long as it is Intel.
    Good luck
    Opus