1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

So how abou that RNC (the compressor)

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Paladyne, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Paladyne

Paladyne Guest

I think its one hell of a compresser, and its cheap as hell.
  2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    Mark McQuilken, who is the owner of FMR, the maker of the RNC is also responsible for the studio standard the "Intelecomp", a very well known, respected and popular compressor. Much of the design work on the Intelicomp, went into the RNC as well. At it's price, the RNC is diffult to beat. No Virginia, it's not an EL OP or a SLAM but it's less than $300 bucks fer cryin' out loud! Hard to beat at that price. blows the doors off an Alesis or a DBX.
  3. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Pacific NW
    SO!!!!! As can be seen now in TRUTH..Theres no 'down on FMR' goin on here.
  4. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Aug 15, 2003
    So kurt, I'm interested to know more about this "intelecomp'. I have an RNC, and once I had messed up enough vocal takes to master the concept of compressing while tracking, this little piece of kit has become a shining star in my setup.

In the manual. Mr. McQ gives a history something along the lines of this started as a class project, with no mention od the intelecomp, and indeed, this is the first I've heard of it.

5. Paladyne

Paladyne Guest

yeah, I like my RNC quite a bit. I also like the JBL/Urei 7110 for another cheap compresser that does not sound cheap in quality.
  6. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    The RNC is decent. Better than the dbx and everything else in it's price range. I wouldn't buy one but I'd likely find some use for it if I had one.