1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

So l purchased a pair of USED MONITORS

Discussion in 'Monitoring / Headphones' started by SeniorFedup, Sep 22, 2006.

1. SeniorFedup

SeniorFedup Guest

First let me say i havent been on for a while so let me introduce myslef again. GREETINGS

They are tannoy reveals to be exact , they are passive and have black woofers. any way one of the tweeters are pushed , and unfortunatly i can hear that it still works but not as loud as the other when which is not pushed in. My Q is......
    Will the tweeter sound back to normal after i get something to suction the tweeter back to its designed existence? or is there replacement tweeters for these things that i would have to order and have some pro instal for me?
    they sound good
    l only paid 75 for each.

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Argh! Did you pick those up off of craigslist just today? Sorry I can't help you. Just wondering.

3. SeniorFedup

SeniorFedup Guest

no actually i picked them up from a store down here in miami that sells used items . apparantly the guy i bought them from teaches sound engineering at university of Miami.

4. Nirvalica

Nirvalica Guest

well, if i were you, i'd try to get them back in the original position. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to replace them. Im sure you can get them from the manufacturer....

5. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

$ .02

the lokely hood that they will return to normal is.... slim/none if you pull them i think you'll find they use VIFA (brand) tweeters...

6. DIGIT

DIGIT Guest

That's a good deal for $150.00 (if that one tweeter is the only issue).

If suction won't restore it just pull that one out and order a replacement. You can do it yourself...

7. SeniorFedup

SeniorFedup Guest

Oky so what i did was try to give it a kiss right in the tweeter and it didnt turn into the prince i expected it too. so finally i got a vacuum cleaner and put the pipe right in front of it and brought the puppy right out. i still notice a bit more amplification on the right side. but hey it is very minimal and there are ways around this when it comes to the neccesary tasks of mixing and what not.

8. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

easy to understand ya wouldn't want to part with the cash but i'ld think real hard about replacing them both....YMMV