1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Some tips please

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Bigtekz, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Bigtekz

Bigtekz Guest

well i am one of the many artists on the rise, and i just need a few tips to help me get there.

i have a good mic, good mixer, good quality ...
    i use cool edit to do my thing.

But, does ne one have ne tips, effects, filters, nething i can do in cool edit to make my vocals sound more full, i have heard it done with someone else, and there mic is 6$ and they sound way more full than me.. .

i know my way around cool edit very well, im just not fully undrstanding all of it..

ty, tekz
  2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    Sometimes something like a $6 mic is the perfect tool to get the reuslts you are after. Full sound starts at the source and with mic placement which have much more to do with getting a full sound. A great mic and preamp can help capture and can enhance full sound. Full sound can't be made after the fact with a program such as cooledit.
  3. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    a good pre amp!
    and it never hurts trying recording (vocals, guitar, ect) in different rooms, until you find the right suroundings. As you can imagine a bathroom or shower stall can sound way, way different than a bedroom with a phat ass couch and a bed that sucks up all the bass and has very little natural reverb.
    Once you find the right room, you will be on your way to a better sound.
    Best of luck
  4. Bigtekz

Bigtekz Guest

thx alot, im gonna try the different room idea, 8)

ty =)
  5. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    Best of luck