1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Something about Pro Tools

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by supercharry, Jan 25, 2006.

1. supercharry

supercharry Guest

im currently using Pro Tools 6.9 with Mac OS X 10.3.8. Does anyone know if Pro tools will run if I update to 10.3.9?

2. rc86mike

rc86mike Guest

I believe it should. I'm pretty sure the only version of OSX currently not supported is 10.4.4. Double check on Digidesign website under Compatability.
  3. McCheese

McCheese Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    6.7 and 6.9 will work on 10.3.9, any prior versions of PT won't.
  4. Shinyville

Shinyville Guest

There is a slight issue with 10.3.9, though--don't install the new version of quicktime (which is generally installed as part of the 10.3.9 update process). I can't remember what the issue was exactly, but I do remember reading about people on the digi forum having to re-install quicktime 6.whatever, because quicktime 7 was causing some issues with PT crashing. There's an uninstall qt 7/reinstall qt 6 patch on the apple support site because of that issue.
  5. CharlesDayton

CharlesDayton Active Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Yup, one of the places I work had this conflict with QT 7, it even made Toast crash. They had to load an older version. Problem solved.
  6. overlookfran

overlookfran Guest

i am running 6.4 on 10.3.9 with no problems at all
  7. iznogood

iznogood Guest

why update??

10.3.8. runs more stable than 10.3.9.