1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

something better than digidesign

Discussion in 'Recording' started by nul, Mar 25, 2007.

1. nul

nul Guest

Hi everybody,
    this is my first post, and i'm not english, so before a i begin: "SORRY! (in a general manner...:)". I have started to reform my old studio and the main inversion will be the mixer/controller. I use protools LE in a macpro.
    My question is about digidesign control 24. I want to know if this one is the best choice in quality/price or if there is something better. I have seen some interesting gear at mackie webpage, but not with those 16 focusrite preamp. So, is there any controller that could be better than a control 24 for protools?.
    I have also seen, that most of you encouraged other people to buy mackie onyx, why?price?quality? p/q?

(money is not a problem...but don't abuse on my wallet...something like control 24 or cheaper would be fine)

THANKS A LOT!!!

2. TVPostSound

TVPostSound Guest

For Protools, the Control 24 is the best bang for the buck.
    16 decent pres, decent surround monitoring section, a more complete
    control surface than others since its made by Digidesign.

You can trade up a competitors control surface for a $2500 credit, making the Control 24 under $5000!!!

I just traded up my Mackie HUI for a Control 24!!!

Make sure you get a REV H or higher.

There is a also the ICON-D, and D-Command from Digidesign, but they start at $23,000 US. (with no mic pres)