1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

SONAR 4 studio edition

Discussion in 'Sonar' started by kaplan, Jan 14, 2005.

1. kaplan

kaplan Guest

Does anyone know if the studio edition comes with any effects? I don't want to spend $599 on the producer edition because I don't need all the surround effects and gadgets, but I don't know if the studio edition has anything because all of the descriptions seem to have a way of beating around the bush of what is and isn't included.
  2. kaplan

kaplan Guest

P.S. I really just want a program that I can use to record all my tracks separately(10 tracks at the most). I want something that has decent effects included so I don't have to spend loads on plugins. I'm new to computer recording, so I want just enough options to keep me busy at learning(but hopefully still make good recordings). ANY suggestions?
  3. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2004
    Quakertown PA
    Try Cubase SE. It can do up to 48 tracks, comes with plenty of plug ins for a beginner and only costs $100. If you decide you want more features later you can upgrade to the higher end Cubase products by simply paying the difference between SE and the version you want.
  4. grathan

grathan Guest

It comes with the usual chrous, flanger, eq, delay, and reverb for audio tracks. Its got a couple softsynths as well for midi tracks.
  5. DaveRunyan

DaveRunyan Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    The effects that come with Sonar 4 Producer are not bad at all. Quite usable in fact for a lot of things. If you use the presets as just guidelines to build from you will find lots of good sounds to use.
  6. DaveRunyan

DaveRunyan Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Woops! Just saw that you said "studio" not "producer". I am not sure what comes with that version.