1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

sonor LE

Discussion in 'Recording' started by kpaso619, Mar 31, 2009.

1. kpaso619

kpaso619 Guest

I am using sonar LE that came with my roland sp555 .........I am trying to record seperate tracks for guitar, drums, bass, etc. My problem, that I can't seem to figure out, is when I have recorded my first track and go to record my second track the first track is being re-recorded onto the 2nd track.......I want every track to be its own designated instrument and not the previous tracks included with it......how do I playback my other tracks without re-recording them on to the current track I am working on?

thanks for your time!
  2. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Thanks for yours:)

When you looked into the configuration of the software with your audio device, did it mention this specific issue?

This is most likely an issue that happens due to having a simple onboard audio device where the user has limited flexibility with routing.
  3. kpaso619

kpaso619 Guest

I think you are on the right track. I have tried pretty much, all of the different input/output combinations, solo button muting, arming buttions and I get the same thing .....track one is always re-recorded to track two..........I am connected to my computer with a USB cord and my software, which I am starting to think is a "demo" or a simpler version and/or my midid device(sampler) is not a true workstation...

4. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Distinguished Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Scotland, UK
    "I am connected to my computer with a USB cord"
    What the deuce?

You could download Kristal from http://www.kreatives.org which is free and fully functional - it doesn't have MIDI functionality but you should be able to record audio (even if you just).

You can also get a trial version of Reaper (http://www.reaper.fm) which does support MIDI I believe.
  5. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Jun 26, 2007
    On it? I paved it!

The LE in most any package you find, even a lot of vehicles you may be looking at to purchase, stands for Limited Edition.