1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sorry guys but....it's another marketing question lol

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by XTREEMMAK, Oct 1, 2007.

XTREEMMAK Active Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Are you Kidding?
    Home Page:
    I'm looking into marketing solutions. So far I found the following:
    1. Internet:
    1a. Real Site
    1b. Myspace
    1c. Blogs?:
    - Video
    - Text
    1d. Pod Casts?
    1e. Newsletter

2. CD Samplers (Street Samurai):
    - Selling Demos - 5 to 7 tracks of artist samples
    - Free Demos - 5 to 7 tracks of artist samples

3. Posters and Cards

4. Shirts and Merchandise

5. Gigs
  2. MadTiger3000

MadTiger3000 Active Member

Nov 16, 2004
    You have it covered.
  3. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Oberlin, OH
    Home Page:
    I was talking to a mastering client recently and he is getting depressed.

He has tried all of those marketing ideas and still can't get his music out to the general public.

His is NOT mainstream music and his music is somewhat eclectic. His songs are well written and well played and well recorded and mixed. Most people that hear his stuff really like it - the problem is getting them to hear it in the first place.

He has even gone as far as sending out two hundred CDs to college radio stations and is going to be going to New York for a couple of weeks and will try and make the rounds of some record companies to do some one on one.

Your marketing ideas seem spot on in this economy and I wish you luck in your endeavors. Today there are many more people producing music and fewer and fewer people buying it especially the music of someone that they do not know.

It was a hard sell in the past it is even a harder sell today.

Best of luck and let us know how things are going....

PS Most of the "overnight success" stories you hear about are really not true and most musicians that have made it will tell you it is a very long road strewn with potholes and many many wrong turns and detours.
  4. BobRogers

BobRogers Distinguished Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Blacksburg, VA
    The only obvious thing I see missing is YouTube. What genres are you working with?
  5. You could do everything right and not get anything.

You could do everything wrong and hit it.

It's luck.

But the bottom line is a hook.

Your songs need a hook.

Your look needs a hook.

Substance is good but if people walk away humming or singing your song, you're in. If people can't get you out of their mind you're in.

Kind of like when you first meet a chick and all you can think about is her.

You're hooked.
  6. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Jun 26, 2007
    What is most likely happening, the reason that part of your campaign is failing is this. You offer links to explore and they do NOT work.

That is just the main reason no one is noticing your work.

I tried, I was feeling generous tonight, and got page errors or invalid users.

I may never pass this way again,