1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sound Branding

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by thedragon, Apr 24, 2006.

1. thedragon

thedragon Guest

I live in the US, and have been asked to create an audio logo for a medical manufacturer. They basically want, when they power up the new machine they are designing, a sound, that is specific to them, to play. This is the first job that I have had doing this and am unsure as to what to charge. Any suggestions? I have been unsuccesful in finding any ballpark figures on the net. I need some input...thanks!
  2. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Distinguished Member

Feb 9, 2005
    South Florida
    Home Page:
    I know that for graphic work of that type, people can get quite a bit of cash. A friend of my has done that for a few different companies, and he's charged anywhere from $800 to $1500.

Sound should probably be the same. I guess for my first job of that sort, I might say anywhere from $500 - $800.

Curious...are they looking for a jingle type thing where it's a few notes (like the NBC notes) or is it more of a sound sort of like the THX orchestra swell type of sound? Or do they even have a preferance.
  3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    They probably got this wonderful idea from starting their Windows machines? And that's probably just what they are looking for? Something classy without any hip-hop beats.

Strike a lovely chord
    Ms. Remy Ann David