1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sound card Cubase problem

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by lennybreaks, May 22, 2005.

1. lennybreaks

lennybreaks Guest

I am not sure if anyone can help but i have been having a major problem running Cubase. When I open the application I can use it for about 2 minutes, but then my computer locks up. I am using sound blaster audigy platinum. I have read that this may not be the sound card to use for cubase. I am at my wits end. I tried everything I can think of. Can anyone help.

2. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

need more info , whate hardware are you using, OS, audio interface, version of cubase???????

:?

3. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

I had a very strange Cubase bug when I first installed it that was fixed when I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. You might try that.

You don't have a cracked version do you?

4. lennybreaks

lennybreaks Guest

this is what i am working with

I am using windows xp 512(rbus)ram 1.8ghz pentium 4. I am trying to install cubase sx 2.0, my soundcard is a creative sound blaster audigy platinum. I have also tried a card from M audio. I have tried all the normal solutions; updating drivers, reinstalling the sound card and the program, using different slots for the soundcard. I think it might be the ram. It is a type they don't use anymore (rbus). I am at my wits end and i am ready to just buy a new computer.

5. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is you RAM. You can test it with something like Memtest86.

Or, if you do have a cracked version, you can't expect it to be reliable.

6. David French

Really, Phil? With both a Creative and a M-Audio?

7. David French

Yes,m certainly they can. but I never imagined it that way. I assumes he was trying the cards separately. So, tell us Lenny, did you gave them both installed? Also, did you disable any onboard motherboard audio chip?