1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sound Engineer Education

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Brendan Quinn, Jul 8, 2002.

1. I am finishing a university degree this year, and am very interested in enrolling in a sound engineer college program after I am finished. I would really appreciate some suggestions for schools to look into. I currently live in Toronto and attend University in Halifax. If there are good schools you know of in Canada, Australia, the UK, the US, Spain or anywhere else for that matter, I'd love to know about them. I'd love to be in Australia or England, but am open to the idea of living in most places. In truth, I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions whatsoever.

2. mapostel

mapostel Guest

Hi Brendan,

since you're mentioning all those places: There is the obvious choice of SAE Institute with schools in all those countries (except for Canada) that you've mentioned.

Cheers

Matthias

3. Fanshaw College in London, Ont. used to have a well respected program. I don't know if it is still running. I crossed paths with a few of there grads back in the day and they seemed knowledgeable. Cheers, Doc.

4. ok computer

ok computer Guest

in melbourne, australia,the only degrees i know of are offered by:

VUT - victoria university (where i studied)
    SAE
    JMC academy (i think)

and some others that offer certificates or diplomas or something:

RMIT
    NMIT