1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

sound interface advice

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Deusx, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Deusx

Deusx Active Member

im looking for a sound interface for recording guitars or bass mainly . no micing stuff. just to create a refference material for our songs by recording and mixing at home and then doing it at a professional studio.
    i dont need many inputs. just need a decent quality sound interface so i can hook up my moitors with it and electric or semi acoustic guitars.

i m gonna buy that online through http://
    actually i orderd and paid for emu 1820m but luckily they replied me that it is discontinued model and i should switch to another model then i decided to go for a motu ultra lite (for which i have to pay some more money, and that is another problem). but i think it would be better for me to stick to even less expensive interface. what if i call them to get a used one ?

my equipment is
    genelec 8030a monitors pair.
    a pc.
    guitars
    keyborads.

i use sonar 6 producer edition. and one more thing i would like to use dxi synths
    like guitar rig, stylus rmx , hypersonic or edirol orchestral. so the sound intreface should not have latency issuues.

2. Imaginaryday

Imaginaryday Active Member

Deusx , i own several sound interfaces and the one i recommend at this time is the new tc electronics konekt24. this is an awesome piece of gear for the price. the mic pres are very clean. it has 2 Hi-Z guitar optimized inputs. it comes with 2 nice plugins that do all the processing inside the interface so your computer's cpu is not taxed. it has plenty of i/o's and it's built like a tank. as far as the latency goes, it pretty much depends on you computer cpu
    power.

3. Deusx

Deusx Active Member

thanks for the suggestion i m gonna check some info on this interface on the net right now. by the way ive a p4 3.0 ghz processor, 1 gb ram, and 7200rpm sata hard drive. just to inform whether it is ok for no latency issues. however for interfaces like motu ultra lite or even 1820m emu when i check their specifications they say zero latency. but they did not mention the cpu.

4. Deusx

Deusx Active Member

iv checked the tc konnekt24d and konnekt 8 . there are some differences in both but i can also go for konnekt 8. things like spdif and adat ( i dont know what they do and maybe i might not need them) and also the to effects feature present in konnekt 24d is not in konnekt8 . but rest of the features are the same and there is a good price difference as well.
    for the last time i want your suggestion on both these beucause definitely by the price and quality one of these are the most suitable interfaces for me so thanks a lot for your great suggestion.
    one more thing as i said i m going to order it online so the power supply conversion for its adapter might be ncessary , here where i live the electric appliances run on 220v not on 110v. so what can i do for that.
    once again thanks a lot.