1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sound of Radar 24

Discussion in 'Recording' started by petermeechanuk, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Does Radar 24 really sound better than Radar II and if so how ? - bearing in mind a decent set of converters alone would normally cost as much as the entire Radar 24 package (or does the advertised package not include everything)?

2. Robin

Robin Guest

Hi there,

RADAR 24's sound depends somewhat on the selection of analog i/o cards. There are three choices: Classic, which are identical to the RADAR II, Nyquist, the new 96 KHz cards and S-Nyquist our new 192 KHz cards. They all sound amazing.

The base R 24 does not include analog I/O, the 24 channel Classic board set is $1695.00. It's the same board set used by Daniel Lanois and U2 on the last album.

Cheers...

3. Originally posted by The Establishment:
    ...bearing in mind a decent set of converters alone would normally cost as much as the entire Radar 24 package...B]

Yup, that's why we're going to be doing an ADDA converter box! RADAR sound for everyone!

Paul Dirks

4. ray dsr

ray dsr Guest

Wow! Having the analog cards separate from the box sounds like a great idea. Will you do all three cards? When will that hit the street?
    -Ray :p

5. ametth

ametth Guest

Originally posted by Robin @ iZ:

The base R 24 does not include analog I/O, the 24 channel Classic board set is $1695.00. It's the same board set used by Daniel Lanois and U2 on the last album.

Cheers...

I know the Radar is a great machine, but that's not much of an endorsment..just my opinion. YMMV.

6. Originally posted by ametth:
    I know the Radar is a great machine, but that's not much of an endorsment..just my opinion. YMMV.

Perhaps this "humble" list (linked below) could make a difference? ;-)
    http://www.recordingtheworld.com/Users/Users_list.asp

Best regards,
    Mats

7. ametth

ametth Guest

I know about that list, but have you heard the new U2 album? It really doesn't sound that great. As always, YMMV.