1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Sound Workshop 30 Series Console

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Phil Blackbourn, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Hey Guys.

Just managed to get my hands on a mint Sound Workshop series 30 console. Its 12 channel, and is in great nick.

Has anybody got one? Trying to decide if I should rack up the channels, or just keep it as is.

Any thoughts?

2. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I think it may be worth it to rack up. I'm currently working in a studio that used to have one (it's in storage now) and they told me that there is a very cool mod that's rather easy. It apparently raises the quality quite a bit.

I just put a call in to one of the owners of the board and when I get an answer as to what exactly the mod is, I'll let you know.

I did hear some older recordings that was done on the Sound Workshop and they sounded very nice.

3. Thanks Chris
  4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    I would keep it as is ... it's perfect as a front end and for summing for a DAW ....

I know a very respected Grammy nominated producer who had a Soundworkshps console in her studio for a long time ... this is a pretty respectable board.

I can't say for sure but I think they were made by OTARI ... I know for sure OTARI handled the service on them for a period in the 90's ...
  5. yeah, thanks kurt

i was thinking about that to, might get myself a rosetta 800 to go with it.

i think your right some of the dudes from api went to work at soundworkshop, the otari bought the company. thats about all the information i can find.
  6. Any word on the mods Chris?