1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Soundcraft DC2000 LCD

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair Modifications DIY' started by scenaria, Jan 1, 2002.

1. scenaria

scenaria Guest

Hey guys, been a LONG time for me :D

Anyhow I just recieved a DC2000 for VERY little cash, were talking $500!!!

The board itself is in decent condition however as has been the problem with all of the DC2000's the LCD panel is pretty much shot, I can get some contrast out of it but the backlight is useless.

I finally found some EL material and am going to try replacing the backlight however it would be really ideal if I could somehow find a replacement screen.

I did try soundcraft and they dont offer a replacement LCD, they require an entire "CPU upgrade" which they want a $1,000+ for. seems rediculous for a $100 LCD.

I found out the a company called ALPS made the panels so made contact with them, unfortunately they stopped supporting them 5+years ago, obvisouly this is why soundcraft requires a new cpu panel.

After doing some research I found out that the actual company who makes the panel is Samsung the model is MDK311V-0 samsungs model is UG25D01GEBT5L.

I have searched EVERYWHERE for one of these panels with no success!!! I have tried surplus companies etc...

Do any of you know of anyone who happens to have any of the LCD's or perhaps alternate solutions?

I know I got the board for a good price but I have serious trouble justifying $1k because of a shity little LCD.

Peace

2. Plasma

Plasma Member

I know this thread is very old, but has anybody had any luck finding a replacement LCD for a DC 2000?