1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Soundelux 95(s) and 99

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by MicrophoneMan, Oct 20, 2001.

1. this question is probbably directed at Fletcher - yet Julian don't you also have a Soundelux?

I have only heard a 95s in the past, know that the 95 has a diff capsule.

but anyways - I haven't had access to a 99. I'm pretty familiar with what a 95s sounds like, what is one to expect from the 99 then, and what are the technical diffs?

thanks..

2. atlasproaudio

atlasproaudio Active Member

Basically, the U99 has a more extended top than the U95s. The U95s sounds a little more flat in the low mids to my ears also. Both are incredible mics, everyone should have two of each. YOMV

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Originally posted by MicrophoneMan:
    I haven't had access to a 99. I'm pretty familiar with what a 95s sounds like, what is one to expect from the 99 then, and what are the technical diffs?

I have no idea...to me the 95S sounds like a decent tube 47, the 99 sounds like a good U-67. I don't think I'd put one over the other...but they do work very nicely together. Like a 67 is less expensive than a 47, a 99 is less expensive than a 95S...

4. thanks for the analogy, understood.

as for the 95 and the 95-S, from the research I could gather, the 95 uses a chineese capsule and the 95-S one made by B.L.U.E?

safe to say I was very impressed with the 95-S I used, it just turns out that whenever a used one ever pops up, it's always the older 95.