1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

soundhole pickup

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Sidhu, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Sidhu

Sidhu Active Member

Hi!
    I was looking for a cheap/good sounding Rolling Eyes soundhole pickup for a Yamaha FS413s steel string acoustic. I need the pikup for live gigs. Running on a budget.

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0, ,CNTID%253D2558%2526CTID%253D221000,00.html#

We also dont have any good luthiers here, so i would prefer something which has a cable coming out direct which i can DI, and not have drill any holes in the body.... I would not like to exceed a 100USD, cheaper maybe.

thanks a lot

Sidhu

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Sidhu:
    I have had decent results with a couple of Seymour Duncan under-the-strings magnetic pick-ups. The "Acoustic Tube" sounds pretty good, $80.00...The "Woody" is available in a humbucking model,$50.00...You should be prepared to change over to nickel electric guitar strings if you go with these, especially the "Woody".
    I believe that both of them have a cable designed to run right out of them to a DI or amp.

3. Sidhu

Sidhu Active Member

Thanks aton moon... ill look into them.

Sidhu