1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

sp-12

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by logamos2001, Jul 26, 2004.

1. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

allright. i have a show comming up, and id like to somehow trigger an 808 bass sound with a pad and module. i was thinking of renting one, but i dont think u can. BUT i remebered. i have a old pad for triggering, as well as this thing.
    sp-12front.jpg sp-12back.jpg

u think i could hook up a triggered pad to this guy and sample the t808 sound fro live use?? thanx alot

2. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

weird, pics didnt work

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v351/logamos2001/OTHERS/sp-12front.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v351/logamos2001/OTHERS/sp-12back.jpg

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

I fixed the pics for you..

When you post a jpeg addy you need to put at the end. be sure to include the brackets just as they appear here.

I see no reason that wouldn't work for you BTW! Have a good show!

4. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

have anyone use it before. i have a little but, does anyone have any knowledge on this piece?

5. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

allright, that piece of equipment can do it. i just looked at a manual. but, can i be tol what the cheapest way to trigger the 808 sound would be. cheapest! i have a pad, i just want some cheap device, that can make that sound when the pad is connected.

6. iznogood

iznogood Guest

if you don't know....

it's the coolest olskool drummachine you have in your hands!!

it doesn't have trigger inputs but of course it can be triggered from the buttons....

the nice thing about the sp-12 is the fact that it remembers the samples you store .... even when you turn it off....

and remember it's 12bit... but only as long as you don't tune the sounds.... then it becomes 8bit!!!!

my friend has two.... one of them with modified filters where you can control cutoff/resonance individually... actually it can make some bass/sub things that puts the 808 to shame...

sounds awesome.... 8bit with analog filters is killer combo!!!

7. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

im an idiot, i wrotye earlier that it can do. but does anyone know a super cheap way to trigger that sound with my pad?

8. iznogood

iznogood Guest

buy a pad that has midi...

roland used to make a thing called octapad..... find one on ebay..... or go to a musicstore and talk to a salesperson...

shouldn't be to hard

9. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

i can trigger the 808 form that?