1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

SP828 or m-audio Octan???

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by LuK3_C, Jun 25, 2004.

1. LuK3_C

LuK3_C Guest

Hi :D ,
    My soundcard is Motu 828 MK2 and I need some mic preamps. Would you rather choose SP828 or m-audio Octan with adat? I thing that the only advantige of Octan is that I can have more inputs on my audio interface. What about sound quality? I used crappy Behringer MX series mixer preamps till today, is it big difference?
    Or do you know about anything better in this price category? I prefer better audio to higher number of inputs, but 8 is minimum.

Many thanx

Lukas

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Welcome to RO!

Don't know about the SP828, but I have heard the Octane recently and would say it is a step up from the MX mixers. What I like most about the Octane is that the converters were of decent sound quality and there was 8-line inputs that bypass the mic pre's to get access to the converters and ADAT optical.

3. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

there you go, and you can go straight into your 828 mkii via light pipe- then if you get 8 more ch of preamp later you can have 18 ch with your 2 828mkii built in preamps.

4. LuK3_C

LuK3_C Guest

Thanx for your replays :) ........but couldn't be the SP828 two steps up from my MX and one step up from the Octane.