1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

speaker cone resonances

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by David French, Jul 21, 2003.

1. David French

David French Distinguished Member

Hi all,

I bought a pair of Event TR8's recently. I like them for the most part (thought they're a bit thick near the crossover), but i noticed that there are some unpleasant resonances, a type of buzzing near the first harmonic, that seem to be coming from the woofer. They only occur below about 150Hz or so, and only when driven with more than 75% of a +4 dB signal peaking 0 dB. Anybody have similar experiences with the TR8's, 20/20's, or any other speaker for that matter. I'd just like to know if my set is defective or if this is simply a characteristic of these speakers.

2. Steve Jones

Steve Jones Active Member

Probably not much help in your case, but I got rid of a pair of KRK K-roc's because of a nasty hole right in the vocal range, I later heard that the there is a resonance problem with this model between the spaker cone and the rubber surround.

3. David French

David French Distinguished Member

Thanks so much for replying; I thought no one would! :)

4. CliqueUK

CliqueUK Guest

I had a resonance problem with a passive K-Rok pair once - somewhere round 100 - 200Hz, My speakers were on shelves fixed to a concrete wall - I put the speakers on little lumps of blu-tak, one uner each corner - and the buzzing stopped.